When we walked in the door we received a very warm greeting from the lady behind the counter. I had to ask her what she would suggest because we were newbies. You start out with your choice of rice. White or some chicken rice (I would highly recommend the chicken rice but I cant remember the correct name of it.) you then pick black or pinto beans which they pour over your rice. You pick a meat and they have several to choose from, top sirloin, tenderloin, bbq chicken, regular chicken, shrimp. (You can also choose to get 1 piece of each meat) a side, fries, fried bananas, cinnamon bananas, rice thingies (sorry, don't remember the name of these either but they are delicious!) a salad, fruit, vinaigrette, pasta or potato salad and then you get a roll. The food was good but the meat had a lot of fat on it and the salads did not have a ton of flavor. Will I go again? If someone suggests it then maybe but I don't think that I will be suggesting it myself.
If you are looking for reviews on local restaurants it is possible you will find them here along with a few of my favorite simple recipe's.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Braza Express
We decided we really wanted a salad from the Italian Place the other night and so I drove across town only to find a sign on the door that read "Closed please try our other locations" how disappointing. Plan B was to try somewhere that we had never been before. We had a coupon from our Provo calender for buy one get one 50% off at the Braza Express which is also on University Ave. in Provo. I had done a little research and discovered that the food was similar to the food that you get at Tucanos I knew it was an express but I think I set my expectations a little to high and it sounded great!
When we walked in the door we received a very warm greeting from the lady behind the counter. I had to ask her what she would suggest because we were newbies. You start out with your choice of rice. White or some chicken rice (I would highly recommend the chicken rice but I cant remember the correct name of it.) you then pick black or pinto beans which they pour over your rice. You pick a meat and they have several to choose from, top sirloin, tenderloin, bbq chicken, regular chicken, shrimp. (You can also choose to get 1 piece of each meat) a side, fries, fried bananas, cinnamon bananas, rice thingies (sorry, don't remember the name of these either but they are delicious!) a salad, fruit, vinaigrette, pasta or potato salad and then you get a roll. The food was good but the meat had a lot of fat on it and the salads did not have a ton of flavor. Will I go again? If someone suggests it then maybe but I don't think that I will be suggesting it myself.
When we walked in the door we received a very warm greeting from the lady behind the counter. I had to ask her what she would suggest because we were newbies. You start out with your choice of rice. White or some chicken rice (I would highly recommend the chicken rice but I cant remember the correct name of it.) you then pick black or pinto beans which they pour over your rice. You pick a meat and they have several to choose from, top sirloin, tenderloin, bbq chicken, regular chicken, shrimp. (You can also choose to get 1 piece of each meat) a side, fries, fried bananas, cinnamon bananas, rice thingies (sorry, don't remember the name of these either but they are delicious!) a salad, fruit, vinaigrette, pasta or potato salad and then you get a roll. The food was good but the meat had a lot of fat on it and the salads did not have a ton of flavor. Will I go again? If someone suggests it then maybe but I don't think that I will be suggesting it myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment